Sunday 11 December 2016

Shipwreck Beach




A few months ago, my girls and I traveled to Zakynthos Island for our first perfect getaway. During our stay, we decided to take a day trip to visit the islands' top tourist spot: the famous Shipwreck Beach. The easiest way to get to the beach was by boat. Although at the time an 8-hour cruise around the island seemed like a great idea... I would certainly recommend bringing extra sun protection and water!



It was a very exciting day for me; I love being surrounded by the sea.
The boat we were on stopped at many beaches and caves, allowing us to get off, explore and do some swimming. The main attraction of our trip was the most beautiful beach that I'd ever seen.  But be careful when you're stepping off the boat and be prepared to lose your flip flops! 



The waves were very strong and made it almost impossible to stand in the water. The white pebbles gave the water a gorgeous blue colour, yet leaving my feet swollen at the same time. That day I returned to the hotel tired and sunburnt, but it was worth seeing the beach and getting up close to the shipwreck :)

Besides sleeping through the last 2 hours of our journey, it was all definitely worth it. We managed to take some amazing pictures and do a little sightseeing. Always love a good boat ride!

*None of my pictures are edited/photoshopped
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig